CNC Feeds & Speeds Course
Join 50,000+ CNC'ers! Get our latest blog posts delivered straight to your email inbox once a week for free. Plus, we’ll give you access to some great CNC reference materials including:
- Our Big List of over 200 CNC Tips and Techniques
- Our Free GCode Programming Basics Course
- And more!
How do I switch Lathe to radius mode instead of diameter.
By default, most of the posts will come up in radius mode. If you need to switch, you have 3 ways to approach it.
- You can change the post by changing the variable: Variable Lathe.LatheXAxisDiameter: X as Diameter: Check for Diameter (G191), Uncheck for Radius programming (G190). For details on how to do this, see our page on customizing GWE posts.
- On many controls, you can use gcodes which GWE will recognize:
– G190: Radius mode.
– G191: Diameter mode.
- You can also use Tools Revisions to change the program’s X coordinates to one or the other. This is described on our Basic Lathe Programming page.
- You must login to post comments