- 10 Tips for CNC Router Aluminum Cutting Success
- 10 Things Beginning CNC Milling Machine Users Need to Succeed
- Secrets of Going From CAD, Image, DXF, or STL to GCode for CNC and 3D Printing
- 8 Brands to Consider for the World’s Best Screwdriver
- CNC Router Cutter Types and How to Use Them
- CNC Machine Hourly Rate Calculator
- It Finally Happened: 5 Axis CNC for the DIY and Maker
- Why Use a Single Flute End Mill?
- CNC 4th Axis Basics: What They Can Do
- 6 Things A Brand New CNC’er Should Learn to Get Started
- 4 Brands to Consider for the World's Best T-Handle Hex Keys
- [CNC Chef Video] Chip Thinning: Clear and Present Danger if Ignored
- 8 Brands to Consider for the World's Best Screwdriver
- Feedrates for Entering Cuts and Other New G-Wizard Features
- Getting the Best Performance from ER Collet Chucks
- Major Milestone for Our Free GD&T Course
- 10 Tips for CNC Router Aluminum Cutting Success
- Have You Seen the Free Software and Huge Discounts We Offer to CNC'ers?
- Ultimate Benchtop CNC Mini Mill Part 7: Spindle, Drawbar, and Toolchanger
- Help: I Need to Choose the Best Machine For My CNC Business!
Join 50,000+ CNC'ers! Get our latest blog posts delivered straight to your email inbox once a week for free. Plus, we’ll give you access to some great CNC reference materials including:
- Our Big List of over 200 CNC Tips and Techniques
- Our Free GCode Programming Basics Course
- And more!
Here’s a rundown on what’s new lately in G-Wizard Calculator and Editor’s latest versions:
Release 2.77 adds A513 Low Carbon Steel. If we’re missing a material you’re interested in, just drop us an email. We can frequently add it fairly quickly just like we recently did for A513 and before that for the…
There have been people worrying about and bashing the Cloud since the very beginnings of the Cloud. Despite that, Cloud has been with us for a very long time, and it’s done nothing but get inexorably bigger. It has gotten into more application categories than ever, and every one it gets into, it’s market…
Nope, it’s not a SolidWorks rendering, it’s onShape…
Today, SolidWorks is pretty much the reigning King of CAD software for the CNC world. We certainly confirmed that with our CAD survey:
Solidworks dominates the Pro category…
But what would happen if you could assemble most of the founding team that originally built SolidWorks? What if…
I recently did a survey of folks who tried our 30-day Free G-Wizard Editor Trial, but that didn’t wind up buying. Obviously I’d like to know what the main factors were that prevented their purchase. I really expected to see a bunch of reponses that boiled down to, “Nice product but I don’t need a…
The latest version of G-Wizard Calculator, v2.75, adds Cobalt Chrome to our list of Materials.
“What is Cobalt Chrome?” you might ask. Why it’s just what the Dr ordered, almost literally. CoCr is the common abbreviation. There are several alloys available such as ASTM F75 or F799. CoCr is extremely resistant to temperature, corrosion, and…
NYCCNC has a great video out showing off the Conversational CNC capabilities of the Tormach Lathe and it’s Path Pilot controller:
Take a few minutes and let John from NYCCNC show you how easy it is to make a part with Conversational CNC. He’s able to go through a series of steps including Turning, Facing,…
Work Offsets are an incredibly useful feature in G-Code. They let you run the same g-code at different places on your machine. So for example, you have g-code for a part but you want to lay 6 parts out on a 3 x 2 grid. Assign a work offset to the part zero of each…
Just posted a new video in our G-Wizard University series. The G-Wizard University is a set of short videos focused on specific features. The idea is to make it easy to quickly delve into a good tutorial on how to use whatever feature you’re interested in for our G-Wizard Software.
The quickest way to find…
Do you have hourly billing rate figures for all of your CNC Machines? It’s handy to know what you need to be able to bill out a machine at to pay for the cost of having it sitting on your Shop Floor. G-Wizard Estimator includes a super simple Machine Hourly Rate Calculator that makes it…
Each machine requires a little different calibration. In G-Wizard Editor, you have the following adjustments available:
How fast can your machine rapid? This is the value GW Editor will use (acceleration adjusted) in its estimates.
Spindle 0-max rpm time
How fast does your spindle change speeds? GW Editor factors in a time based…
I just uploaded a new video to the G-Wizard Calculator University pages that explains Spindle Power Curves:
Spindle Power Curves let you compensate for changes in your CNC machine’s spindle output at various rpms and they can also downrate the power on small machines to compensate for their lack of rigidity.…
The results are in for this year’s CAD survey. We got over 300 responses as I write this. They’re still coming in briskly so, we’ll probably get many more, but I wanted to go ahead and do the analysis and get the numbers up.
Just like our 2013 CAD Survey results, we’ve divided things into…
We love to do surveys at CNCCookbook, and our readers clearly love them if their page statistics are any indication. Our most popular surveys are on CAD and CAM usage, and we do these on alternate years. This year we want to survey which CAD packages are most popular, so et us know what you’re…
Hobby CNC Controllers have gotten to where they’re quite powerful. I recently saw an article on a single chip CNC controller–no need for a PC, just add a few outboard parts and it drives the stepper motors, provides an LCD screen UI, and quite a lot more. Amazing stuff, and it’s only going to keep…
20% Off Holiday Sale
The end of the year is near, it’s the Holiday Season, and we always like to do our biggest sale of the year at this time. So, until the end of the year, you’ll get 20% off on any purchase of $100 or more. No coupons or special gimmicks are necessary. …