- 10 Tips for CNC Router Aluminum Cutting Success
- 10 Things Beginning CNC Milling Machine Users Need to Succeed
- Secrets of Going From CAD, Image, DXF, or STL to GCode for CNC and 3D Printing
- 8 Brands to Consider for the World’s Best Screwdriver
- CNC Router Cutter Types and How to Use Them
- CNC Machine Hourly Rate Calculator
- It Finally Happened: 5 Axis CNC for the DIY and Maker
- Why Use a Single Flute End Mill?
- CNC 4th Axis Basics: What They Can Do
- 6 Things A Brand New CNC’er Should Learn to Get Started
- Video: Runout -- The #1 Tool Life Issue for Micromachining
- 4 Brands to Consider for the World's Best T-Handle Hex Keys
- [CNC Chef Video] Chip Thinning: Clear and Present Danger if Ignored
- 8 Brands to Consider for the World's Best Screwdriver
- Feedrates for Entering Cuts and Other New G-Wizard Features
- World's First Mac OS X CAM Software + CNC Software Suite
- Getting the Best Performance from ER Collet Chucks
- Combine Modular Fixturing With Simple G-Code For Big Time Savings
- Major Milestone for Our Free GD&T Course
- 10 Tips for CNC Router Aluminum Cutting Success
Join 50,000+ CNC'ers! Get our latest blog posts delivered straight to your email inbox once a week for free. Plus, we’ll give you access to some great CNC reference materials including:
- Our Big List of over 200 CNC Tips and Techniques
- Our Free GCode Programming Basics Course
- And more!
For those of you who are manual machinists and still wondering what CNC can do for you, there are 9 basic g-codes you must learn today. If you know them, and they are easy, they will turn the CNC Machine into the equivalent of a manual machine with power feeds and DRO’s on every axis. …
G-Wizard Editor, Version 1.0. Available for Sale Friday, February 1
I’m extremely excited to announce that we’ll be launching our G-Wizard Editor this Friday, February 1.
Since starting to build our first product, G-Wizard Calculator, I’ve had Big Plans for CNCCookbook’s software line. I’m trying to do something fundamentally different than anything that’s ever been…
It seems like it has been a while since I’ve added a new chapter to our G-Code Tutorial so I decided to get busy and write one. In addition to updating the chapter on Canned Drilling Cycles a bit, I have added a chapter on Custom Deep Hole Drilling Cycles.
Custom Deep Hole Cycles are…
I just uploaded G-Wizard Editor version 0.731 and it addresses the most common Beta tester feedback:
– Did a serious overhaul on Zoom Extents and it works much better now.
– Lots of people were reporting that GWE was hanging when they saved Setup. It was very slow, but it wasn’t hanging. Unfortunately, it was…
G-Wizard Editor release 0.730 is a minor feature and usability release that can save you keystrokes or mouse clicks with its new Revision History feature. It works by listing your most recently used Revisions at the bottom of the Tools Menu:
It also remembers what settings you used the last time with each Revision and…
Release 0.729 is a bug fix and usability release:
– Fixed a bug where M99 without an M98 or G65 would hang the program. Face Palm for me when I saw what caused it!
– Added rounding to a whole bunch of the Hints so they will be cleaner to read with no more than…
The summary is we are very very close to releasing Version 1.0 of G-Wizard Editor!
I’ve been running the in-app Beta surveys for about 6 weeks now to gather information from all of our Beta Testers on how well the product is working. You can see the survey form on the right. Thanks to everyone…
Just uploaded a new video that shows how the G-Wizard Editor Setup tool can be used to change units between Metric and Imperial, setup Machine Profiles, and configure for your CNC controller’s g-code dialect:
GWE has extensive support for different g-code dialects, and lets you create a full “Post” that defines how your controller behaves. …
G-Wizard Editor v0.700 adds Coordinate Shifting, Scaling, G-Code Marker on Backplot, and Beta Survey
G-Wizard Editor version 0.700 has just been uploaded to the install page. BTW, our install pages are listed on our Software page, which can be reached by selecting the “Software” choice from the menu bar at the top of every one of our web pages.
GWE v0.700 is a minor feature release with several useful…
Release 0.689 is a minor feature release with some pretty handy improvements:
– You can click the backplot and the g-code will scroll to the line that ends closest to where you clicked.
– You can now cause the debugger to run to the cursor. With the debugger/simulator paused, just simply click the line you…
Release 0.680 is a major feature release, so there’s quite a bit of juicy stuff to be had there. First, here is the Install Page Link. You must be registered to use the GWE Beta Test, so if you’re not, visit the Beta Registration Page.
Fanuc SETVN Support
The biggest news is support for symbolic…
It’s been a long time coming, but I’m really excited to report that I just uploaded GWE version 0.650 with Native Graphics Card support. The benefit of that is dramatically better performance from the backplot.
Given that this is a major release, I really cranked up the version number from the last release, going from…
Release 0.570 is a feature release:
– The Post tab under Settings has a new tab called “Mapper”. Basically, “Mapper” does a search and replace at the last minute before the code is executed. This makes it easy to remap g-codes since different controls have them under different numbers as well as many other things,…
Suppose you’ve got a 4th axis that incorporates a disc brake or other mechanism to lock the axis during machining:
One of Steve Simpson’s 4th Axis units set up with an air-activated disc brake…
Cutting on a 4th axis can apply considerable torque if you get too far off-axis and so a brake makes the…
Release 0.560 is a neat little feature release:
– Supports Haas-style G12 and G13 circular pocketing.
– Supports M41/42/43 lathe transmission gear change codes.
– Added G08: Advanced Preview Control.
– Added canned profiles for Haas mill and lathe.
About the only thing we don’t do yet for Haas are the complex lathe canned cycles…