- 10 Tips for CNC Router Aluminum Cutting Success
- 10 Things Beginning CNC Milling Machine Users Need to Succeed
- Secrets of Going From CAD, Image, DXF, or STL to GCode for CNC and 3D Printing
- 8 Brands to Consider for the World’s Best Screwdriver
- CNC Router Cutter Types and How to Use Them
- CNC Machine Hourly Rate Calculator
- It Finally Happened: 5 Axis CNC for the DIY and Maker
- Why Use a Single Flute End Mill?
- CNC 4th Axis Basics: What They Can Do
- 6 Things A Brand New CNC’er Should Learn to Get Started
- Video: Runout -- The #1 Tool Life Issue for Micromachining
- 4 Brands to Consider for the World's Best T-Handle Hex Keys
- [CNC Chef Video] Chip Thinning: Clear and Present Danger if Ignored
- 8 Brands to Consider for the World's Best Screwdriver
- Feedrates for Entering Cuts and Other New G-Wizard Features
- World's First Mac OS X CAM Software + CNC Software Suite
- Getting the Best Performance from ER Collet Chucks
- Combine Modular Fixturing With Simple G-Code For Big Time Savings
- Major Milestone for Our Free GD&T Course
- 10 Tips for CNC Router Aluminum Cutting Success
Join 50,000+ CNC'ers! Get our latest blog posts delivered straight to your email inbox once a week for free. Plus, we’ll give you access to some great CNC reference materials including:
- Our Big List of over 200 CNC Tips and Techniques
- Our Free GCode Programming Basics Course
- And more!
2014 has gotten itself well underway, so it’s time for our first sale of the year. We’re offering 15% off featured products using the “GEORGEWASHINGTON” coupon code in the shopping cart. After all, President’s Day is also George Washington’s birthday, so it only seems fair to honor our country’s first president on President’s Day. Here…
One of our users posted a note in our User Club today that made me feel good. Here’s what he had to say:
I just got my yearly review at work, 4.28 % raise! Hey Bob, 6 months ago I knew nothing about milling. I couldn`t even spell VFM. I spent 14 hours training on…
Here’s one thing for certain: if you can’t properly bid on jobs it’s going to be hard to manage your profitability. If your quotes are too low, at the very least you’re not making as much profit as you could and at the worst you could be losing money on your bid. If your quotes…
I wanted to pass along a link to an article I just posted on my Business Strategy Blog: Smoothspan. It’s all about the kinds of Cloud Services that can really help small businesses get going, and it goes through a lot of the services that CNCCookbook uses.
Smoothspan chronicles what I’ve learned about starting companies…
One of things I try to do on this blog is pass along some entrepreneurial insights. CNCCookbook is the fourth company I’ve started from scratch and the 7th startup I’ve been a part of. I love being a small business owner and I want everyone who wants to do the same to get as much…
Every so often I like to tally up our most popular articles so the newcomers don’t miss them. Here it is, the Magnum Opus, get ready to feast:
1. CNCCookbook G-Code Course
Our free g-code course is perennially popular and has become a go-to resource for the community. If you don’t know the g-code yet,…
First, thanks to all who participated in our Cost Estimation Survey–we appreciate the help!
If you didn’t get a chance to comment, it’s not too late. We’ll be using the feedback to help guide the ongoing development of our new CADCAM Estimator product. Currently the product is in Alpha Test and is part of G-Wizard…
We rely on getting by with a little help from our friends. In fact, we work hard at making it as easy as possible for everyone who is interested to give us their input on what we’re doing.
This week you’re seeing a lot of content around Cost Estimation, and it’s for a reason. Having…
I’ve just added a new article to our Machining and Manufacturing Cookbook called, “Cost Estimating for Machining and Manufacturing.”
It’s an introduction and overview of the fascinating world of generating cost estimates for manufacturing. If you’re involved with or interested in that sort of thing at all, check it out.…
Cost Estimation is an important part of the any Machine Shop or Manufacturer’s routines. The most important thing to get right with Machine Shop Cost Estimation Software is accuracy. What better way to do that than to use the G-Wizard Feeds and Speeds engine to prepare the estimates? Over 22,000 machinists have used G-Wizard Calculator…
If so, be sure to drop by the Santa Cruz Electronics Tormach Open House.
They are the Northern California Tormach Showroom Dealer, and the Open House should be fun. They got some folks from Tormach visiting, I will be there, and they have both Tormach mills (with toolchangers and all sorts of other goodies). Plus,…
Ever come across a really neat custom bumper hitch? Does your truck have a custom bumper hitch?
Many of those launched someone’s CNC business. Fire up the milling machine and pretty soon you have a custom hitch cover that sends a very personalized message. Mine is the familiar red with white stripe “Divers Below” flag.…
Labor Day has passed and there’s only a few days left for our 2013 Labor Day Sale–it ends Sunday, September 8. Just 2 business days after today plus the weekend.
There are lots of great deals available as most products are at least 15% off. Here are some of our most popular deals:
It’s Labor Day, and I find myself reading various blog posts on jobs and musing about the future of jobs in America. Many of the articles I read are quite grim. This is the day we’re supposed to celebrate labor and their accomplishments, but so many are out of work I think it’s important to…
Just wanted to let you know: we’re launching our Labor Day Sale today, and it runs through Sunday, September 8. We reduced prices on most of our products by 15% as our way of honoring labor. Click through the order button to see your savings in the Shopping Cart.
Taking advantage of our sale is…