Arbors for small slitting saws plug directly into ER Collet chucks. Check our slitting saw page for more information…
I just seriously beefed up our Slitting Saw Feeds and Speeds page with a lot more information. I added information about Slitting Saw Arbors, more pictures, and a huge number of additional slitting saw tips and techniques, bringing the total to 20 different tips including:
- How to choose a saw for the correct thickness, size/diameter, tooth type, carbide vs hss, and more.
- How many passes should you use with a slitting saw?
- Coolant for slitting saws
- Indexable slitting saws
- What arbor size is best?
- Numerous tips to increase rigidity for smoother operation
- Climb or conventional mill? Pros and cons of each for slitting saw operations.
- Right angle head and lathe use
- How to keep from clamping the saw in the slot
- And much more!
The Slitting Saw Page is part of our free Feeds and Speeds Tutorial. It isn’t just about Feeds and Speeds, it’s really just as much about various cutters and all things related to them. There are even chapters devoted to Coolant, Dry Machining, and Cryogenic Machining.
If you’ve never checked it out, it’s worth taking a spin through the table of contents to see what might interest you there.
Like what you read on CNCCookbook?
Join 100,000+ CNC'ers! Get our latest blog posts delivered straight to your email inbox once a week for free. Plus, we’ll give you access to some great CNC reference materials including:
- Our Big List of over 200 CNC Tips and Techniques
- Our Free GCode Programming Basics Course
- And more!
Just enter your name and email address below:
100% Privacy: We will never Spam you!