- Tim on Hybrid Machining: Combining Additive and Subtractive in One Machine
- Rick Linnabary on The CNCCookbook Software Giveaway is Ending Soon!
- Michael on Standard Work and Takt Time: Lean Manufacturing Principles Part 5
- Bob Warfield on The CNCCookbook Software Giveaway is Ending Soon!
- Brad on The CNCCookbook Software Giveaway is Ending Soon!
People ask me all the time what I do for a living. My stock answer is that I build software for the Manufacturing sector. Boring. What I should do is tell them I make software to help people create things like the fantastic Orrery below. Isn’t it amazing? That description would touch a lot more people, I suspect.
Recently, I got a nice note from Ken Condal with a link to his site, “The Art and Craftsmanship of Zeamon.” Ken uses our G-Wizard Calculator to set feeds and speeds for projects he builds with his Sherline CNC Mill. If you ever doubted one of these neat little machines could product good results, take a look at Ken’s Orrery Project:
An Orrery is on my extreme long-term project list, so I’m very interested in reading over Ken’s details of how he built his.
Ken’s got a number of other really beautiful projects on his site–please drop by and check them out!