- What If Dyson Made CNC Routers Instead of Vacuum Cleaners?
- CNC 4th Axis Basics: Routers and Woodworking
- 10 Tips for CNC Router Aluminum Cutting Success
- MIT Students Create Hand-Held CNC Router: You Gotta See This!
- Hexapod Robotic CNC Router Walks to the Site of the Work to Be Done
- CNC’ing the World’s Ultimate Pizza Cutter
- Tale of Two Engines: Giant Crankshaft and World’s Smallest V12
- CNC 4th Axis Basics: Workholding
- Machining a Titanium AR-15 Lower Receiver on a Hobby Mill
- Desktop Manufacturing is Here With Two Amazing Announcements
- César on Making Cell Phone Cases With Syil, Fadal, and G-Wizard
- David Frantz on What If Dyson Made CNC Routers Instead of Vacuum Cleaners?
- Michael Warren on What If Dyson Made CNC Routers Instead of Vacuum Cleaners?
- AussieMatt on What If Dyson Made CNC Routers Instead of Vacuum Cleaners?
- Dave on What If Dyson Made CNC Routers Instead of Vacuum Cleaners?
So you need to do some unit conversion? Our G-Wizard CNC Calculator has some feature designed to make working with lots of units especially easy. Let’s see how.
Continuous Conversion Display
Continuous Conversion Display is an awkward name for a very simple and useful feature. As you type in a number or compute a result, G-Wizard automatically converts that result to the unit of your choice. For example, we can quickly see that 1 inch equals 25.4 mm:
Continuous Unit Conversion: Whatever you type gets converted. 1″ = 25.4mm
That “Use” button lets you swap the original units you typed in over to the new units with one mouse click.
G-Wizard includes an extremely large collection of units. You start by selecting the type of unit:
Start by selecting the type of units you’d like to work with…
After selecting type, select from available units of that type…
Another handy feature related to unit conversion is the ability to work in fractions. Whenever a decimal number is displayed in the calculator readout, you’ll also see on the Fraction button whether that number corresponds to a fraction:
0.125 corresponds to 1/8…
If you need to enter a fraction, you can either just type it (“1 / 8 <enter>”) or choose from a menu by pressing the Fraction button:
Fraction Chooser for entering fractions…
Type In Field Arithmetic
I alluded to the Field Arithmetic function earlier when I mentioned you could just type in a fraction. All the type-in fields in G-Wizard allow a variety of field arithmetic:
Here are the Field Operators that G-Wizard will recognize:
- + – * / x: Binary arithmetic operators–add, subtract, multiply, divide, multiply. Multiply can either be “*” or “x”.
- %: percent = divide value by 100
- =: equals. Hitting <Enter> or <Tab> is treated the same.
- s S: sin
- t T: tangent
- r R: square root
- c C: cosine
- i I: convert inch value to mm (multiply by 25.4)
- m M: convert mm value to inches (divide by 25.4)
- d D: In Feeds and Speeds, you can use “d” to bring in the tool’s diameter.