- Tim on Hybrid Machining: Combining Additive and Subtractive in One Machine
- Rick Linnabary on The CNCCookbook Software Giveaway is Ending Soon!
- Michael on Standard Work and Takt Time: Lean Manufacturing Principles Part 5
- Bob Warfield on The CNCCookbook Software Giveaway is Ending Soon!
- Brad on The CNCCookbook Software Giveaway is Ending Soon!
Release 1.630 is a minor feature release:
- We’ve added buttons so you can go to the correct web page to Purchase G-Wizard as your trial is running out or to renew your subscription if it is running out. It’s also easy to see how many days are left on your trial or subscription as they draw to a close.
- Added a button to the “Search KB” popup to show all entries.
- Re-evaluated the Rougher Endmill performance and upped the feedrates for it.
- Added 4 user-defineable fields to the Tool Crib so you can track extra information of your own choosing. One customer wanted this to be able to track the quantity of particular cutters he had on hand. To use it, click the “Optimize” button and you can name the fields. All cribs use the same field names. The 4 fields are scrolled all the way to the right.
- Cleaned up some rounding issues for the Bolt Circle calculator.
- Fixed a bug in tool deflection calculations where we had assumed the body of indexable tooling was made of carbide instead of steel.
- Fixed a problem with CSV exports of Tool Cribs and CutKB.
It’s been a little while since we posted a mandatory upgrade, so I am marking this one mandatory to get everyone on the same page.
You’ll need to be a registered user to install, but if you aren’t already, pop over to our registration page and get a free trial.