- 10 Tips for CNC Router Aluminum Cutting Success
- 10 Things Beginning CNC Milling Machine Users Need to Succeed
- Neat CNC Router-Made Standing Desk Requires No Fasteners
- How Shops Are Investing to Be More Competitive: Survey Results
- Introduction to Lean Manufacturing Principles, Part 1: What is Lean Manufacturing?
For this anniversary of 9/11, I wanted to publish some articles that celebrate America, the Little Guy, and Making Things. As I’ve said before, I believe America was built by the Little Guy, not by Big Business. Nothing against Big Business, but more focus on the Little Guy is what will take us out of our economic woes and carry on the Spirit that is America. One of the exciting things about the CNC revolution is that it allows the little guy to manufacture in many ways on a par with the Big Guys. A relatively small shop, with the right skills and machinery, can do some amazing work. There was recently a good op-ed piece in the New York Times about Manufacturing’s recovery in the US. It talks about Americans as great inventors and innovators, and I particularly like the last line in the article:
“Our economy will thrive only when we make what we invent.”